Herb Welsh Onion Red
£0.99 – £8.99
A perennial member of the Onion family and stronger flavoured than the white type, Red Welsh onion take up very little space and can be used as both a vegetable & Herb.
Welsh Onion Red
Cultivation Advice Welsh Onion Red
- Sow under cover from early spring or directly outdoors from late April.
- Seeds germinate in 10-14 days at 15-20c soil temp.
- Gradually harden off and plant outdoors after 5-6 weeks with 10cm between plants.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade and a moist growing medium rich in organic matter.
- The leaves can be harvested as per chives.
- The onions can be lifted and used whole.
- Do not harvest in the first year until early autumn in order the plant can get established.