Rhubarb – Glaskins Perpetual
Rhubarb Glaskins Perpetual. An excellent all round English Heirloom variety that can actually be harvested in its first year if started early. Easy to cultivate it produces long greenish Red tart and tender stems which are said to be lower in oxalic acid than many other varieties and ideal for forcing.
- Seed Count: 220
180 in stock
Rhubarb Glaskins Perpetual
Cultivation Advice Rhubarb Glaskins Perpetual
- Soak seeds for an hour before planting.
- Sow 2 seeds per pot in good quality soil based compost at 5mm deep at a minimum temperature of 70 F to ensure good germination.
- Once germinated move to a well lit cooler location.
- At around 60 days thin to the strongest plant and acclimatize to outdoor conditions.
- When 6-8 inches in height plant out to their final growing position in good light with ample organic matter dug in.
- Plants should achieve 12 inches in height at the end of the first season.