Pea – Purple Blauwschokker
A stunning Old European Heirloom variety with attractive Purple flowers and dark purple pods. Dual purpose it is delicious picked young as Mangetout or can be left to mature to shell the delicious green peas.
- Seed Count: 200
182 in stock
Pea Purple Blauwschokker
Pea Purple Blauwschokker. A stunning Old European Heirloom variety with attractive Purple flowers and dark purple pods. It is delicious if you pick it young as Mangetout. Or you can leave it to mature to shell the delicious green peas. Equally at home in the Veg patch or as part of a flower border. Height 1.5 Meters with support
Cultivation advice Pea Purple Blauwschokker
- Plant where peas have not been grown for 2 seasons,
- digging in well rotted organic matter.
- Sow from early Mar 2” deep in 6” wide rows 2 inches apart.
- The distance between the rows should equal the expected height of the variety.
- Avoid sowing during any cold or very wet periods
- Protect immediately from birds.
- Keep weed free.
- Provide support by 3 inches tall.
- Start picking the pods just as the peas inside start to form as Mangetout
- or leave to mature for shelling peas,
- early and regular picking will also improve the cropping and flavour of the peas.