Okra – Burgundy
An unusual, attractive and prolific strain, producing 6-7 inch, burgundy red pods on 4ft plants with dark green and red tinged leaves with burgundy stems.
- Seed Count: 200
Out of stock
Vegetable Okra Burgundy
Vegetable Okra Burgundy. An unusual, attractive and prolific strain, producing 6-7 inch, burgundy red pods on 4ft plants with dark green and red tinged leaves with burgundy stems. Best when 2 1/2-3 in. long, turning green when cooked. Fine quality and prolific. First harvest around 60 days after seed is sown.
Cultivation Advice Vegetable Okra Burgundy
Days to Germination: 10-14
Days To Harvest: 55-65
Planting Depth: 1/2 – 3/4 in.
Spacing, Row: 3 foot
Plant Height: 4 ft.
Light: Full Sun
- Sow under cover 4-6 weeks before last frost or directly outside in warmer areas from late spring.
- Sow 1/2-3/4 inch deep, 2 to a pot and thin to strongest seedling,
- or thinly in rows, thinning to 18-24 inches between plants.
- Plant to the growing position outside in late spring when the soil has warmed.
- A sunny, warm & sheltered location required in order to maximise harvest.
- Best grown under glass in the UK.
- Harvest pods when they are young and tender, 2 1/2 – 3 inches long.
- Keep ripe pods picked to encourage production.