Cucumber – Carmen F1
£1.69 – £14.99
Cucumber Carmen F1
A very productive early maturing F1 hybrid producing cylindrical, very straight fruits, slightly ribby, dark and glossy with a short neck and around 34-40cm long with good shelf life. Vigorous growth habit and high resistance to powdery mildew. This is a glasshouse variety and needs good warmth to get the best results.
Cultivation advice Cucumber Carmen F1
- Sow Feb â“ Apr at a minimum temperature of 21C for germination.
- Sow seed edgewise at 1cm deep in individual pots (temperature during germination is crucial).
- It is better to sow later if you cannot maintain the minimum temperature early in spring.
- Plant to the growing position when 10cm tall, avoiding disturbing the roots.
- Male flowers can appear if the plants are stressed which should be removed.
- Tie the plants to supports as they climb.
- The variety crops after 10-12 weeks at the correct temperature.