Brussel Sprout – Red Bull
One of the best Red varieties delivering smaller yields than its green cousins but with fantastic dark red colouration and a mild, delicate nutty flavour. The Red colour intensifies as winter approaches with the cooler weather
- Seed Count: 450
425 in stock
Vegetable Brussel Sprout Red Bull
One of the best Red varieties delivering smaller yields than its green cousins but with fantastic dark red colouration and a mild, delicate nutty flavour. The Red colour intensifies as winter approaches with the cooler weather. The colour is retained during cooking. Very ornamental. Harvest from Nov to Jan in the UK.
Cultivation Advice Vegetable Brussel Sprout Red Bull
- Days To Maturity: 90
- Days To Germination: 7-14
- Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
- Spacing, Row: 24-36 inches
- Spacing, Plant: 18-24 inches
- Spacing, Seed: 2-4 inches
- Light: Sunny Location
- For an early crop start seeds indoors in the earliest part of spring. Or direct sow seeds outdoors in late Spring after last frost. Cover seed with 1/8 inch fine soil. For a later fall-winter crop, sow seeds directly outdoors or start indoors by midsummer. Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- When seedlings are 2 inches tall indoors, thin to 2 inches apart or transplant to individual pots.
- Transplant seedlings outdoors after hardening off, when danger of serious frost has passed. Space plants 18 to 24 inches apart in rows 2 to 3 feet apart depending upon available garden space.
- Brussels Sprouts grow best in a sunny location with fairly rich well drained compacted soil.
- Harvest sprouts from bottom of plant up as heads mature.
- Do not grow in same area of garden where members of cabbage family were grown the year before.