Vegetable Brussel Sprout Evesham Special
Brussel Sprout Evesham Special is a well known and reliable good all round variety with allotment growers, producing large quantities of medium size solid sprouts of excellent flavour from September to December.
- Seed Count: 2500
136 in stock
Brussel Sprout Evesham Special
Brussel Sprout Evesham Special is a well known and reliable good all round variety with allotment growers, producing large quantities of medium size solid sprouts of excellent flavour from September to December. The plants are medium height, making them a good choice for exposed sites and smaller gardens.
Cultivation advice Brussel Sprout Evesham Special
Days To Maturity: 120 Days To Germination: 7-14 Planting Depth: 1/8 inch Spacing, Row: 24-36 inches Spacing, Plant: 18-24 inches Spacing, Seed: 2-4 inches Light: Sunny Location
- For an early crop start seeds indoors in the earliest part of spring. Or direct sow seeds outdoors in late Spring after last frost. Cover seed with 1/8 inch fine soil. For a later fall-winter crop, sow seeds directly outdoors or start indoors by midsummer. Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- When seedlings are 2 inches tall indoors, thin to 2 inches apart or transplant to individual pots.
- Transplant seedlings outdoors after hardening off, when danger of serious frost has passed. Space plants 18 to 24 inches apart in rows 2 to 3 feet apart depending upon available garden space.
- Brussels Sprouts grow best in a sunny location with fairly rich well drained compacted soil.
- Harvest sprouts from bottom of plant up as heads mature.
- Do not grow in same area of garden where members of cabbage family were grown the year before.