UK CORNFIELD ANNUALS ( 100% FLOWER SEED NO GRASS ADDED )
A fast growing brightly coloured mix of traditional UK cornfield annuals (Corn Chamomile 25%, CornCockle 35%, Corn Marigold 15%, Cornflower 20%, Corn Poppy 5%) that provide extensive cover and will look a picture in the first two years. Because this mix is made up from annuals, they rely on dropping their seed for growth in the following year and need the soil disturbed each season to promote the new growth. The stronger varieties may dominate after 2-3 season thus you may need to over-seed to re-establish the balance.
- 10 Grams – 8 SQ METERS
- 25 Grams – 20 SQ METERS
- 100 Grams – 80 SQ METERS
- 500 Grams – 400 SQ METERS
Cultivation advice UK CORNFIELD ANNUALS ( 100% FLOWER SEED NO GRASS ADDED )
- Wildflowers will always perform best on ground that is not highly fertile as this will allow them to compete with background weeds.
- The correct ground preparation essential for success. The seed bed needs to be cleared of all weeds by repeated cultivation or a herbicide and left for at least 2 weeks for newly exposed seeds to germination before repeating the process at least twice. The ground should be a medium tilth for sowing and tread down or rolled to provide a firm surface.
- Sowing is ideally undertaken when the soil is warm and moist in early autumn or spring ( Apr- Jun).
- The seed must be surface sown evenly and sparingly (1-2 gram per square meter), avoid the temptation to over-sow.Seed can be mixed with fine white dry sand which ensures a better distribution and allows you to see where it has been scattered.
- Do not cover the seed but firm in with a roller or by treading to ensure good soil contact