Sweet Pepper – Cubanelle
£0.99 – £7.99
Also known as Cuban pepper or Italian frying pepper, these are classed as a Sweet Pepper, but may deliver the slightest hint of heat.
Sweet Pepper – CUBANELLE
Also known as Cuban pepper or Italian frying pepper, these are classed as a Sweet Pepper, but may deliver the slightest hint of heat. The peppers average 6-8 inches long, are sweet, mild and thin walled turning from light green to red if left to fully mature. The Cubanelle peppers will also vary in size and a slightly tested shape.
Cultivation advice Sweet Pepper – CUBANELLE
Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
Spacing, Seed: 1 inches
Spacing, Plant: 20-24 inches
Light: Full Sun, Warm location, Greenhouse, Conservavatory
- Sow seeds 1/4″ deep in 3in pots with quality seed compost in early spring. Keep moist. Seedlings emerge in 10-21 days at 60-70degrees F.
- Transplant to individual containers when seedlings have at least two pairs of leaves.
- When 4-5 inches plant 20-24 In apart in greenhouse / conservatory with root ball 1/2 In below the soil surface.
- Keep moist and feed when flowering with tomato type fertiliser.
- Harvest when fruits have reached full-size and full colour.