Seed Tape Carrot Rainbow Mix 6M (3X2M) ~ Approx 600 Seeds
- Seed Count: 600
252 in stock
Unique mixed combination of colour and taste sensations sure to excite and delight at the dinner table. Purple has smooth skin and coreless orange flesh which is very sweet and tasty?especially striking when sliced. Yellow holds its bright sunny hue inside and out, is extra crunchy and juicy and has a wonderfully refreshing sweet flavor. White is very mild and especially delicious when young and Red has very high lycopene levels as well as a crispy texture that is great cooked. Purple ? Cosmic Purple, Yellow ? Solar Yellow, White ? Lunar White, Red ? Atomic Red. (Mixed Seed of equal quantities) Please note carrots are not the easiest of vegetables to grow well and benefit from lighter stone free soils. Seed tapes are the easiest way to sow vegetables, the seeds have been incorporated in a bio-degradable paper tape which ensures the correct spacing and minimises the need for thinning. The seeds simply germinate through the tape in position.
- Sow Apr ? Jun direct to the growing position.
- Prepare the soil in your chosen growing location, removing any weeds and raking to a fine tilth.
- Make a shallow drill in the soil and simply roll out the tape in the groove. Tape can be cut to suit row length.
- Cover thinly with soil, water lightly, mark the row with a label and ensure the soil is kept moist.
- The seed is pre-spaced on the tape; however, you may need to do a small amount of thinning on some varieties as they develop depending on the germination rate achieved.