Herb – Oregano
£1.09 – £6.99
A Semi-Hardy Perennial Herb producing 1-2 feet high plants with pungent, thick green leaves and purplish-pink flowers.
Herb – Oregano
A Semi-Hardy Perennial Herb producing 1-2 feet high plants with pungent, thick green leaves and purplish-pink flowers. Flavorful herb with spicy flavor and essential for Italian cooking. Leaves are used fresh or dried for tomato sauces, soups, fish, salad dressings, pizza, meats and spaghetti dishes. 90 days.
Cultivation advice Herb – Oregano
Days To Germination: 8-15
Days To Maturity: 90
Planting Depth: 1/16 inch
Spacing, Seed: 6-8 inches
Spacing, Row: 12-18 inches
Spacing, Plant: 12-18 inches
Light: Sunny Location
- Start seed with warmth provided (indoors or propagator) 6-8 weeks before planting outdoors, as oregano requires a long growing season and warmth to germinate. Cover seeds with 1/16 inch of fine soil.
- When plants are 1 to 2 inches high, pot to individual pots and acclimatize to outdoor conditions.
- Plant out in well drained soil in a sunny location, spacing them about 12 to 18 inches apart.
- Pick leaves for drying just before flowers open. Dry leaves in a warm, well-ventilated place. When dry, pulverize and store in airtight containers.
- Harvest leaves continually to keep plants compact and productive.
- The plant is winter hardy with protection such as mulch, or you can pot up a plant and bring indoors for winter use.