Organic Mustard – Komatsuna Tendergreen
An early maturing flavourful nutritious vegetable and one of the mildest mustards with thick, smooth leaves on upright, heat and cold tolerant plants.
- Seed Count: 500
Out of stock
Organic Mustard KOMATSUNA TENDERGREEN
An early maturing flavourful nutritious vegetable and one of the mildest mustards with thick, smooth leaves on upright, heat and cold tolerant plants. The leaves are smooth and make a fine spinach substitute, especially in the autumn. Usually cooked as greens but can be used raw in salads like spinach. As easy to grow as it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Cultivation Advice Organic Mustard KOMATSUNA TENDERGREEN
Days To Maturity: 45
Days To Germination: 7-14
Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
Spacing, Row: 18 inches
Spacing, Plant: 6 inches
Light: Full Sun
- Sow from early spring through to autumn. Cover seed with 1/4 inch fine soil.
- Sow at 2-4 week intervals for continued harvest.
- Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- Space rows about 18 inches apart or closer if limited in space.
- Thin plants gradually to 6 inches apart in rows. Enjoy thinned greens in a salad.
- Harvest outer leaves when young for best flavour, leaving inner leaves to grow out.