Portulaca – Grandiflora Single Mix
£0.99 – £7.49
Perfect for containers, rock gardens or the front of borders, this spreading plant delivers a stunning display of exotic looking, large single blooms in a wide range of bright colours.
PORTULACA GRANDIFLORA SINGLE MIX
Cultivation Advice PORTULACA GRANDIFLORA SINGLE MIX
CAUTION: Portulaca seeds are tiny like dust and packets need to be opened with care.
- Sow in late February or Apr under cover with warmth provided in fine seed grade compost.
- Seed should be surface sown and gently pressed in. Do not cover seed as it needs light to germinate. Germination averages 10-21 days at 18-21C.
- Place a piece of glass over seed tray or seal container in a clear plastic bag to maintain humidity.
- When large enough to handle transplant the seedlings to trays or pots and grow on in cooler conditions.
- When all danger of frost has passed gradually harden plants off before planting out 20-30cm apart in well drained soil in full sun. The plants average 10-12 weeks from sowing to flowering in ideal conditions.