A single petalled poppy delivering huge blowsy white flowers with centre brushstroke of blue/purple
on 70-100 cm stems. Plus, the eye-catching petals fall away to reveal decorative seed heads, great for drying. Flowers May-Aug dependant on date sown.
· Seeds can be sown from late summer to late April.
· Prefers recently disturbed soil with good drainage.
· The species does not transplant well so scatter the seeds sparingly and cover with a very fine layer of earth (rake in).
· Water well until germination, keeping the earth moist.
· The young seedlings grow fast and look like baby lettuce to start with.
· This variety does need space to grow, ideally about 30cm apart, but they will thrive on less if well watered, so thin well to at least 15cm between each plant.
· Dead head to encourage further flowering.
· Cut the heads once mature and hang to dry or leave to re-seed.