£0.99 – £7.99
This zesty perennial herb is a spreading plant producing strongly aromatic, dark green leaves.
- Product: Peppermint
- Categories: Herbs
- Item: Peppermint
- WooCategory1: Herbs
- WooCategory2: Peppermint
- gtin: 5060407962863
Perennial-Permanent Plant. This zesty perennial herb is a spreading plant producing strongly aromatic, dark green leaves. Hardy 18 to 30 inch plant used fresh or dried in teas, candies, jellies, drinks, fruit dishes, and potpourri. Popular herb to use as a garnish, in tea or may be added to vegetable dishes. Use leaves fresh or dried. May be grown indoors or outdoors.
THIS IS THE TRUE PEPPERMINT (Mentha x piperata) !
Cultivation Advice Peppermint
Days To Germination: 12-21
Planting Depth: 1/4 – 1/8 inch
Spacing, Plant: 12-18 inches
Light: Sunny Location
- For an early harvest, start seeds indoors in April or sow outdoors in May through July in a sunny location with well-drained soil.
- Barely cover seed with 1/8 – 1/4 inch of fine soil.Thin and transplant when seedlings are 2 inches high. When starting seeds indoors, do not plant outdoors until danger of frost is past.
- Set plants approximately 12-18 inches apart.
- Plant in part sun and shade. Likes moist, but not continually wet soil.
- Harvest begins when plants reach 12 inches. Harvest leaves continually to encourage new growth. Dry leaves by hanging upside down in a well-ventilated place. For drying, cut stem 1 inch above base of plant before flowers appear. When dry, pick leaves and store in airtight container.
- Plant in part sun and shade.