Pea – Hurst Greenshaft Second Early
- gtin: 5060407964430
231 in stock
Pea Hurst Greenshaft Second Early
Pea Hurst Greenshaft Second Early. One the most popular varieties available, classed as a second early delivering large crops of sweet tasting peas. Awarded the RHS AGM in 1993 & 2005 the variety is upright (70-80cm tall) and vigorous making for easier harvesting and a crop over a longer period. Ideal to succession sow a month apart to extend the harvest period. First crop from around Mid Jun from a mid march sowing.
Cultivation Advice Pea Hurst Greenshaft Second Early
- Plant where peas have not been grown for 2 seasons,
- digging in well rotted organic matter.
- Sow Mar – Jun 2” deep in 6” wide rows 2 inches apart.
- The distance between the rows should equal the expected height of the variety.
- Avoid sowing during any cold or very wet periods
- Protect immediately from birds.
- Keep weed free.
- Provide support by 3 inches tall.
- Pick regularly to maintain yields.