Parsnip Victor F1
- Product: Parsnip
- Categories: Vegetables
- Item: Victor F1
- WooCategory1: Vegetables
- WooCategory2: Parsnip
- gtin: 5055923635063
A high quality British bred F1 variety producing high quality long even roots of excellent flavour. The variety is quick to mature, reliable and a good size for the table.
- Parsnips ideally require deep, stone free soil which has been manured for a previous crop.
- Sun or partially shade is required for the growing location.
- Sow from Feb-Apr thinly 1/2in deep with 12in between rows. Sowing time should be dependent on the weather to avoid particularly wet or cold spells.
- Germination rates are very dependent on weather conditions and can take up to 3 weeks. If little is seen after that period re-sow immediately.
- When large enough to handle thin to 6in between plants. Thinning’s do not transplant well.
- The crop requires little attention other than keeping weed free.
- The roots are ready for harvesting when the tops begin to die down.
- Dig as required as the roots will stand in the ground until late winter unless the soil become heavily water-logged.