Pea – Alderman Organic
A tall pea capable of reaching 1.8m in height with long thick pods containing 9-12 sweet tender peas of excellent flavor with very high yields.
- Seed Count: 200
194 in stock
ORGANIC VEGETABLES PEA ALDERMAN
One of the most reliable varieties grown all over the country, as few varieties crop so well. A tall pea capable of reaching 1.8m in height with long thick pods containing 9-12 sweet tender peas of excellent flavor with very high yields. This is a late main crop variety which produces over a long period. Requires good strong support especially on exposed sites. Usually ready 14-16 weeks after sowing.
Cultivation Advice ORGANIC VEGETABLES PEA ALDERMAN
- Plant where peas have not been grown for 2 seasons, digging in well rotted organic matter.
- Sow Mar – Jun 2” deep in 6” wide rows 2 inches apart.
- Avoid sowing during any cold or very wet periods
- Protect immediately from birds.
- Keep weed free.
- Provide support by 3 inches tall.
- Pick regularly to maintain yields.