Organic Lettuce – Romaine Parris Island
Lettuce Romaine Parris Island Cos
Lettuce Romaine Parris Island Cos is Tall, compact, dark-green variety. Slightly curly leaves with creamy-white hearts and midribs that are crunchy and juicy. Good bolt resistance, crisp, sweet flavour and high disease resistance make this an excellent romaine. 80-83 days.
Cultivation Advice Lettuce Romaine Parris Island Cos
- Lettuce is hardy and can be planted as soon as the soil can be worked.
- Can be direct seeded, 3 seeds every 8 inches in rows 8-12 inches apart, as early as the soil can be worked or grown indoors 3-4 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Cover seed lightly with about 1/8 inch of fine soil, and firm soil gently. Thin young seedlings to one plant per spot.
- Sow every 3 weeks for a continuous supply of fresh lettuce.
- Seeds germinate even at low 40-degree F soil temperature, but poorly above 75-85-degree F.
- In dry weather, keep soil moist.