Onion White Sweet Spanish (1000 Seeds)
Onion White Sweet Spanish. A large, easy to grow and reliable Spanish type onion with glistening white skin and mild sweet flavour. An excellent storage onion. Onions from seed are generally better quality than set-grown onions.
1266 in stock
Onion White Sweet Spanish
Onion White Sweet Spanish. An excellent storage onion. Onions from seed are generally better quality than set-grown onions.
Cultivation Advice Onion White Sweet Spanish
Days to Germination: 10-12.
Days To Harvest: 115.
Planting Depth: 1/2″.
Spacing, Row: 18″.
Spacing, Plant: 5 inches.
- Start in early spring indoors / heated greenhouse 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors.
- When transplanting, clip plants to three inches and plant 2 inches deep.
- Can be sown directly when ground has warmed in mid-late spring, at 2-3 seeds per inch.
- Thin to 5 inches apart when plants are 6 inches tall.
- Harvest by pulling bulbs when tops are brown and dry.
- Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production.
- Onions are claimed to ward off many insect pests around lettuce, cabbage and carrots.