- Product: Onion
- Categories: Bulbs
- Item: Stuttgart
- WooCategory1: Vegetables
- WooCategory2: Onion
- gtin: 5055923605059
4953 in stock
A well known and reliable flattened globe type producing large bulbs with golden yellow skin and flesh with a mild flavour. Medium to early, slow to bolt and will store well.
Cultivation Advice Onion Stuttgart
Days to Germination: 10-12
Days To Harvest: 115
Planting Depth: 1/2″
Spacing, Row: 18″
Spacing, Plant: 5 inches
- Start in early spring indoors / heated greenhouse 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors.
- When transplanting, clip plants to three inches and plant 2 inches deep.
- Can be sown directly when ground has warmed in mid-late spring, at 2-3 seeds per inch.
- Thin to 5 inches apart when plants are 6 inches tall.
- Harvest by pulling bulbs when large enough steadily throughout the season.
- Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production.
- Onions are claimed to ward off many insect pests around lettuce, cabbage and carrots.