ONION – SANTERO F1
£0.99 – £8.99
- Product: Onion
- Categories: Vegetables
- Item: Santero F1
- gtin: 5055923630860
ONION – SANTERO F1 – WHITE ROT RESISTANT
Santero F1 is an excellent maincrop variety and one of the few to be resistant to Onion Downy mildew. The onions are globe shaped with a copper / golden skin, show good resistance to bolting and store well.
Cultivation Advice ONION – SANTERO F1 – WHITE ROT RESISTANT
Days to Germination: 10-12 Days To Harvest: 120 Planting Depth: 1/2″ Spacing, Row: 18″ Spacing, Plant: 5 inches
- Start in early spring indoors / heated greenhouse 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors (Jan / Feb).
- When transplanting, clip plants to three inches and plant 2 inches deep.
- Can be sown directly when ground has warmed in mid-late spring, at 2-3 seeds per inch, but may struggle to reach full maturity.
- Thin to 5 inches apart when plants are 6 inches tall.
- Harvest by pulling bulbs when tops are brown and dry.
- Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production.
- Onions are claimed to ward off many insect pests around lettuce, cabbage and carrots.