Okra – Clemson Spineless
£0.99 – £4.19
This variety is one of the most popular, prolific and reliable strains available. Straight, 6-7 inch, green pods are slightly ridged and definitely spineless. Plants 3 ft. high, produce an abundance of dark green, 6-inch slightly tapered and ribbed, straight, pointed pods without spines.
Okra Clemson Spineless
Cultivation advice Okra Clemson Spineless
Days to Germination: 10-14
Days To Harvest: 55-65
Planting Depth: 1/2 – 3/4 in.
Spacing, Row: 3 foot
Plant Height: 3 ft.
Light: Full Sun
- Sow under cover 4-6 weeks before last frost or directly outside in warmer areas from late spring.
- Sow 1/2-3/4 inch deep, 2 to a pot and thin to strongest seedling, or thinly in rows, thinning to 18-24 inches between plants.
- Plant out after last frost.
- Sunny location required in order to maximise harvest.
- Harvest pods when they are young and tender, 2 1/2 – 3 inches long.
- Keep ripe pods picked to encourage production.
- Harvest the beans when the pods are well fat and the seed still soft.