£0.99 – £6.99
- gtin: 5055923629864
- Product-type: Oenothera Speciosa
- Categories: Flowers
- Item: OENOTHERA LAMARCKIANA
- WooCategory2: Oenothera
Commonly known as “Evening Primrose”, Oenothera Lamarckiana is an herbaceous annual producing richly scented large light-yellow flowers that open in the late afternoon and remain open through the evening. Ideal in a cottage style border or equally at home in a meadow setting attracting bees, moths, and butterflies. Readily self-seeds. Height: 24-60 Inches. Best in a sunny location, and dry or moist, but well-drained soils.
- Sow late winter to mid spring at 10-15C (50-60F) on the surface of fine seed compost and cover with a very fine sprinkling.
- Ensure the soil is damp but not wet.
- Sealing in a polythene bag until after germination assists to retain moisture, usually 14-21 days.
- Exclude light until germination starts.
- When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant to grow on. Plant out after all risk of frost has passed 30cm (12in) between plants in full sun and ordinary well drained soil.
- Can be directly sown to growing location and lightly raked in as soon as soil warms and weeds start to germinate.