Nasturtium Climbing – Jewel Of Africa
£0.99 – £6.99
With attractive variegated foliage it produces an abundance of single petaled flowers in a mix of yellows, reds, creams and peach/pinks.
NASTURTIUM CLIMBING – JEWEL OF AFRICA
NASTURTIUM CLIMBING – JEWEL OF AFRICA . A vigorous climbing Nasturtium which will reach 1.8m with support or equally effective as groundcover. With attractive variegated foliage it produces an abundance of single petaled flowers in a mix of yellows, reds, creams and peach/pinks. The leaves and flowers are edible and an attractive addition to salads.
Note: There may be a small percentage of reversions to standard green foliage in the mix.
Cultivation Advice NASTURTIUM CLIMBING – JEWEL OF AFRICA
Days to Germination: 10-14 days
Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination: 65F
Planting Depth: 1/8-¼ inch
Spacing, Plant: 12-24 inches
Plant Height: 3-5ft
Light: Full Sun
- Sow indoors / heated propagator from 3-4 weeks before the last spring frost or sow directly outdoors , in full sun ,after all danger of frost has passed.
- Germination requires 65F.
- Keep soil moist during germination
- Cover with 1/8 to ¼ inch of fine soil. When seedlings are 2-3 inches high, thin/transplant to 12-24 inches apart. Replant thinned plants.
- Plant in sandy, well-drained soil.
- Do not fertilize. Enriched soil tends to promote more foliage than flowers.