LAVENDER – LAVENDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA – PROVENCE BLUE F1
£0.99 – £7.99
- Product: Lavender
- Categories: Flowers
- Item: Lavendula Angustifolia - Provence Blue F1
- WooCategory1: Flowers
- WooCategory2: Lavender
- gtin: 5055923611746
This F1 angustifolia type produces uniform plants with a mass of flowers in deep blue shades. Can be used for dry bouquets if cut at an early stage. Ideal for use as border edging, pot plants, cut flowers or drying. Variety often grown in commercial prodcution.Height & spread 50-60cm.
- Lavender tolerates various types of soils, but does best in dry, sandy, well-drained alkaline soil in full sun.
- Start seeds indoors or in a propagator from 10 to 12 weeks before your last spring frost date at a minimum temp of 70 degrees. To increase the speed of germination, chill the seeds in the refrigerator for a week before planting.
- Plant seeds no deeper than 6 mm (1/4 inch). Seeds take from 14 to 28 days to germinate.
- When large enough to handle, plant seedlings on and transfer gradually outside after all danger of frost is past.
- Please note Lavender is slow to germinate and is a slow grower once established.
- Add liquid fertilizer regularly to potted plants to encourage flowering.
- Although English lavender can live 20 to 30 years, it becomes untidy after a few years, so trim plants back in spring and again in early fall.
Please Note – Lavender seeds can take a long time to sprout (two weeks or more) and this increases the risk of fungal problems, with the potential for seed to rot if insufficient temperature is provided.