Kale – Ornamental Fringed Mix Brassica Oleracea
An ideal plant to add colour to winter displays at their best with the most beautiful colours with the onset of cold weather. The plants have fringed red or white centres with fringed outer green.
- Seed Count: 200
485 in stock
Kale Ornamental Fringed Mix Brassica OLERACEA
An ideal plant to add colour to winter displays at their best with the most beautiful colours with the onset of cold weather. The plants have fringed red or white centres with fringed outer green. Planted in large groups they have the appearance of an old fashioned rose. The coloured leaves can be used as a garnish. Height: 30 cm, 45 cm spread
Cultivation Advice Kale Ornamental Fringed Mix Brassica OLERACEA
- Ornamental Kale and Cabbage have differing germination requirements. Please note Cabbage seeds require light to germinate and are surface sown / Kale is best lightly covered with growing medium.
- For both, the seed should be sown in trays / pots from Mid Summer prior to the cooler weather approx 7-8 weeks before planting to the final growing position..
- Soil germination temperature of 65-70 F is ideal. They will not germinate if cold.
- Germination 7-10 days.
- Transplant to trays when large enough to handle and grow on. They need to be at least 5 in prior to planting out.
- When transplanting to an outdoor container or bed, remove the tatty bottom leaves and plant with the crown of leaves flush with the surface of the soil
- It is best not to plant Brassica crops in the same spot in successive years.