Italian Courgette Verde Di Milano Organic
£0.99 – £7.99
Courgette Verde Di Milano Organic
Courgette Verde Di Milano Organic. This is the classic dark Italian Courgette / Zucchini variety used across a wide range of Italian dishes. This is also the perfect compact bush variety. For those with smaller plots and equally those with large plots squeezing too much in.
The productive bushes will crop throughout the summer if picked on a regular basis. Early morning picked flowers can be battered and fried or in ‘frittata’, an Italian style omelette. Crops in about 55-60 days from germination.
Cultivation Advice Courgette Verde Di Milano Organic
- A sunny spot protected from strong winds is essential.
- The soil should be well drained and rich in humus, the more the better.
- For an early start (late Mar) place a single seed edgeways 1/2inch deep in seed compost in a 3inch pot.
- The critical part is temperature, these need at least 65F continuous soil temperature
- (preferably more to maximise germination rates) until germinated.
- Keep the soil moist – water copiously around the plants, not over them.
- Keep weed free to allow air circulation.
- Once the plants start to fruit, feed every 14 days with a tomato type fertilizer,
- these are greedy plants.