Herb Basil – Thai Siam Queen
£1.09 – £6.99
A wonderful aromatic oriental herb with beautiful purple-green leaves and a milder flavor than Sweet Basil commonly used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking
Herb Basil Thai Siam Queen
Herb Basil Thai Siam Queen. An improved Thai basil variety with good ornamental potential.
A wonderful aromatic oriental herb with beautiful purple-green leaves and a milder flavor than Sweet Basil commonly used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. It makes an excellent potted herb and can be grown successfully indoors or outdoors. Prefers warm conditions and full sun. Height up to 40cm.
Cultivation Advice Herb Basil Thai Siam Queen
- Sow April in trays, pots, etc. of good seed compost in a warm place to maintain an ideal temperature of 55-60F.
- Sow in well-drained compost, just covering the seed with compost, but do not exclude light, which is beneficial to germination.
- Germination usually takes 14-30 days.
- Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle.
- Harden off and plant out 30cm (12in) apart when all risk of frost has passed.
- Prefers a well-drained soil and a sheltered sunny site. Can also be grown on a sunny windowsill.