Sweet Pea Swan Lake
Beautiful, Spencer type lightly scented pure white flowered variety with gently ruffled petals on long stems.
Sweet Pea – Swan Lake
Sweet Pea Swan Lake. Beautiful, Spencer type lightly scented pure white flowered variety with gently ruffled petals on long stems. Perfect for growing up a trellis or obelisk in the garden, especially alongside other sweet peas, with which contrasts beautifully. An excellent cut flower.
Cultivation Advice: Sweet Pea – Swan Lake
Days To Germination: 10-14 days
Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination: 70F
Planting Depth: ½ -1 inch
Spacing , Seed: 1 inch
Spacing, Plant: 6-12 inches
Plant Height: 4-5 feet
Light: Full Sun
- Seed is best started undercover from 4-6 weeks before last frost in pots, thinning to individual plants when large enough (transplant the thinnings). Cover seeds with 1 inch of soil.
- Soaking seeds overnight can aid germination, although not essential.
- Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- Pinch the top of the growing shoot out when 2 inches high to encourage stronger side shoots.
- Transplant when young seedlings are about 2 inches high and after all danger of frost has passed. Space 6-12 inches apart.
- Provide netting or trellis for support when plant is 3-6 inches tall.
- Please note, especially around children – these seeds are poisonous if ingested.