Sweet Pea Mrs R Bolton
£0.99 – £8.99
A stunning Spencer type with very showy large deep almond pink on white flowers. Lightly scented
Sweet Pea – Mrs R Bolton
Sweet Pea Mrs R Bolton. A stunning Spencer type with very showy large deep almond pink on white flowers. Lightly scented
Cultivation Advice: Sweet Pea – Mrs R Bolton
Days To Germination: 10-14 days
Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination: 70F
Planting Depth: ½ -1 inch
Spacing , Seed: 1 inch
Spacing, Plant: 6-12 inches
Plant Height: 4-5 feet
Light: Full Sun
- Seed is best started undercover from 4-6 weeks before last frost in pots, thinning to individual plants when large enough (transplant the thinnings). Cover seeds with 1 inch of soil.
- Soaking seeds overnight can aid germination, although not essential.
- Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- Pinch the top of the growing shoot out when 2 inches high to encourage stronger side shoots.
- Transplant when young seedlings are about 2 inches high and after all danger of frost has passed. Space 6-12 inches apart.
- Provide netting or trellis for support when plant is 3-6 inches tall.
- Please note, especially around children – these seeds are poisonous if ingested.