Flower Cowslip – UK native
£0.99 – £8.99
- Product: Cowslip
- Categories: Wild Flowers
- Item: Cowslip
- WooCategory1: Wild Flowers
- WooCategory2: Cowslip
- gtin: 5055923609279
(Common Cowslip, Primula veris, True Wild Form). One of the loveliest of our native perennial wildflowers and becoming increasing rare. The pale- yellow fragrant flowers are held high above the foliage in spring. The flowers are edible and a lovely addition to salads. Height 20-23 cm (8-9″).
- Best sown in Autumn 2 mm deep only barely covered with soil and left in a greenhouse or cold frame over winter with a piece of glass over the tray.
- The seed will not germinate until has had extensive exposure to cold weather to break the seeds dormancy.
- Alternatively, sow March to May in a small pot. Enclose pot in a plastic bag or sealed container to conserve moisture and place in the bottom of a refrigerator (5°C) to pre-chill. After three weeks, remove and grow cool at 13-16°C (55-60°F).
- Plant out to final position when seedlings are large enough to handle.
- The variety will flower from its second season onwards and readily self-seeds.