Cosmos Bipinnatus – Seashells Organic
£1.09 – £7.99
Perfect for a hot sunny border, Celosia also known as “cockscomb” produces masses of soft, feathery, erect 15-30 cm” long plumes in scarlet, orange, bright yellow, pink, cream on multi-branching plants.
Cosmos Bipinnatus – Seashells organic
Cosmos Bipinnatus – Seashells organic. An Heirloom variety from the 1800’s producing an exquisite display of tubular-petalled blooms somewhat similar to a sea shell in lovely pastel colours of white, pink, rose and crimson on tall and busy plants with delightful lacy fern-like foliage. The delicate foliage and colourful flowers make an outstanding background planting that blooms all summer long. Cosmos are easy to grow and literally thrive on neglect. Half-hardy annual, 4-5′ tall.
(Soil Association Certified Organic Seed)
Cultivation advice Cosmos Bipinnatus – Seashells organic
Days To Germination: 5-10
Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
Spacing, Plant: 12 inches
Plant Height: 36-48 inches
Light: Full Sun
- Sow early indoors / under cover with warmth 4-6 weeks prior to the last frost in individual pots or trays.
- Cover seed with 1/4 inch fine soil. Keep soil moderately moist and warm during germination.
- Can be sown directly outdoors after danger of frost has passed through early summer.
- Thin or transplant to 12 inches apart when plants are 2 to 3 inches tall.
- Gradually acclimatise outside after all danger of frost has passed.
- Cosmos grows best in full sun in ordinary garden soil and may re-sow itself.
- Fairly drought resistant, water only when soil is dry for an extended period.