Echinacea – White Swan
£0.99 – £8.99
An abundance of large, pure white flowers with down swept white petals surrounding a large central cone and possessing a lovely honey fragrance are produced from early summer.
Echinacea Coneflower White Swan
Echinacea Coneflower White Swan. A stunning white variety of this ever poplar “Herbaceous Perennial” , shorter than its purple cousins at 24-30in. An abundance of large, pure white flowers with down swept white petals surrounding a large central cone and possessing a lovely honey fragrance are produced from early summer. Its long stems make it ideal for cut flower bouquets. It does great in moist or dry soils, and combines well with other tall perennials such as Daisies. Can be sown from Spring or Autumn.
Cultivation Advice Echinacea Coneflower White Swan
Days To Germination: 8-21
Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
Spacing, Plant: 12-18 inches
- Light: Sunny Location (will tolerate light shade)
- Sow from 4-6 weeks before the last frost in pots / trays under cover and cover seeds with 1/8″ fine soil.
- Can be sown directly outdoors from late spring after danger of severe frost has passed.
- Seeds sown early enough may bloom the first year. Seeds sown from late spring through early autumn will boom the following year.
- Thin or carefully transplant seedlings when large enough to handle and grow on.
- Gradually acclimatise outdoors and plant 12 to 18 inches apart to allow for eventual growth.
- Plants grow best in fairly rich well drained soil.
- Water established plants only when dry.
- Divide large clumps of well established plants in the spring or fall.