Cucumber – Early Spring Burpless F1 Organic
A prolific and early Spring Burpless (F1) Hybrid Slicing Cucumber producing high yields of slender 12 inch long dark green fruits, with extra crisp and mild white flesh.
- Seed Count: 20
3323 in stock
Cucumber Early Spring Burpless organic new
Cucumber Early Spring Burpless organic new. A prolific and early Spring Burpless (F1) Hybrid Slicing Cucumber producing high yields of slender 12 inch long dark green fruits, with extra crisp and mild white flesh. Best grown upright on a trellis, with support under glass or in a warm sheltered position for the best results.
Cultivation Advice Cucumber Early Spring Burpless organic new
Sowing Seed Depth: ½- 1″ (13-25mm)
Germination soil temperature: 70-75º F (
Days to Germination:3- 4
Sow indoors: from 5 Weeks before last frost.
Spacing in beds : Trellised, 18″, on ground 36″.
Watering: Moderate until flowering, heavy from flowering to harvest.
Light: Full sun
- Sow under cover (protected / heated) from Mid spring, 3-4 seeds 1in deep in a 3in pot in good compost, and thin later to the best one or two plants per clump. (These will not germinate or thrive in cold / damp conditions, use a propagator or warm windowsill)
- Transplant no later than 3 weeks after seeding as cucumbers have a tap root that can be easily damaged.
- Cucumbers germinate and grow best when summer really gets going, this variety is best under glass, unless you have a very warm sheltered out-door site.
- Inadequate or inconsistent moisture causes oddly shaped or poor-tasting fruit. If possible, water your cucumbers with a soaker hose or drip irrigation to keep the foliage dry. This helps prevent leaf diseases that can ruin the plant.
- Train on a trellis or wires to achieve straight fruits.
- Does not need male flowers removed.
- Keep them picked and they’ll keep producing.