Vegetables Cucumber Crystal Lemon
£0.99 – £6.99
Best harvested at lemon size. Although outstanding for salads or pickling, chances are (just like us) you will end up eating most of these delectable nuggets out-of-hand like an apple.
Cucumber Crystal Lemon
An unusual Heirloom variety producing a profusion of apple-shaped fruits, with lemon-coloured skin and lime green flesh, which is very mild, sweet, and never bitter. Best harvested at lemon size. Although outstanding for salads or pickling, chances are (just like us) you will end up eating most of these delectable nuggets out-of-hand like an apple. This is a vigorous plant which should yield a tremendous crop. 70 days.
Cultivation advice Cucumber Crystal Lemon
- Sow under cover (protected) from Mid spring, 3-4 seeds 1in deep in a 3in pot in good compost, and thin later to the best one or two plants per clump.
- Transplant no later than 3 weeks after seeding as cucumbers have a tap root that can be easily damaged. Ensure the weather is warm if planting outside, ensuring a sheltered and sunny position. Cucumbers germinate and grow best when summer really gets going or under glass.
- To avoid bitterness, keep plants evenly moist at all times.
- Can be trained on a trellis to save garden space or left to roam.
- Keep them picked and they’ll keep producing.