Widely recognised as one the sweetest carrots available with one of the finest flavours. Roots are deep orange, extremely crispy, coreless and tapered reaching 7-8 In.
- Seed Count: 3000
840 in stock
Carrot Tendersweet. Widely recognised as one the sweetest carrots available with one of the finest flavours. Roots are deep orange, extremely crispy, coreless and tapered reaching 7-8 In. 75 days from germination.
Cultivation Advice Carrot Tendersweet
- Height: 16-20 inches
- Spacing: 2-3 inches between plants, 12-14 inches between rows
- Seed Depth: 1/4-1/2 inch
- Sun/Shade: full sun
- Germination: 10-15 days
- Days To Maturity: 75
- Dig or till the carrot bed deeply when the soil is on the dry side to avoid making lumps.
- Work the soil to a fine texture 10-15cm (6-10 in.) deep.
- Avoid freshly-manured soil, which may produce hairy, rough roots and will cause forks and splits;
- Sow seed thinly in rows, 1cm (1/2 in.) deep, 20-30cm between the rows as soon as the danger of hard frost has passed.
- Try to get about 4 seeds per 2cm (1 in.).
- Thin to 16-20 carrots per 30 cm (1ft.) as this variety is picked young and small.
- Keep weeded and watered.
- Dispose of any thinned seedlings to avoid attracting Carrot Fly.
- As they grow, push soil up over any exposed roots to prevent a green shoulder.
- Can be companion planted between onions or with marigolds to help reduce Carrot Fly problems.