Carrot Parisian – Paris Market
A popular Heirloom French market variety producing good harvests of small round golf-ball sized, well flavoured carrots (2.5-4 cm in diameter). That matures extra early.
- Size: 6 gm
4337 in stock
Carrot Parisian Paris Market
Carrot Parisian Paris Market new. A popular Heirloom French market variety producing good harvests of small round golf-ball sized, well flavoured carrots (2.5-4 cm in diameter). That matures extra early. Ideal for shallow or heavy soils and container planting. Cover shoulders to prevent greening and to reduce exposure to carrot fly. Companion planting with salad onions or dwarf marigolds help to reduce carrot fly problems.
Cultivation Advice Carrot Parisian Paris Market
- Dig or till the carrot bed deeply when the soil is on the dry side to avoid making lumps.
- Work the soil to a fine texture 10-15cm (6-10 in.) deep.
- Avoid freshly-manured soil, which may produce hairy, rough roots and will cause forks and splits;
- Sow seed thinly in rows, 1cm (1/2 in.) deep, 20-30cm between the rows as soon as the danger of hard frost has passed. Try to get about 4 seeds per 2cm (1 in.).
- Thin to 16-20 carrots per 30 cm (1ft.) as this variety is picked young and small.
- Keep weeded and watered.
- Dispose of any thinned seedlings to avoid attracting Carrot Fly.
- As they grow, push soil up over any exposed roots to prevent a green shoulder.
- Can be companion planted between onions or with marigolds to help reduce Carrot Fly problems.