£0.99 – £7.49
This sturdy variety produces an abundance of stunning double deep violet flowers on strong 20′ stems.
Carnation Violet. A very popular traditional cottage garden half hardy annual that possesses a charm and allure that continues to captivate people around the globe. This sturdy variety produces an abundance of stunning double deep violet flowers on strong 20′ stems.
Cultivation Advice Carnation Violet
- Sow under cover at 70F 8-10 weeks before average last day of frost for flowering the same year.
- Can be sown until early Aug as a Bi-annual to flower the following year.
- Seed requires light to germinate – press lightly into soil surface and do not cover, keep moist.
- Germination period is 10-14 days. You will find that carnation plants are very easy to grow.
- Until the first true leaves appear, try not to water directly from overhead.
- Transplant to separate pots or trays when large enough to handle.
- Transplant outdoors after any danger of frost is past.
- For a showy planting, do groups of 3-4 seedlings.
- Space seedlings about 12″ apart.
- Plant out in full sun and a rich, well-drained soil.
- Water during dry periods.
- Benefits from feeding once or twice a month whilst flowering