Brussel Sprouts Darkmar
£0.69 – £8.99
A reliable open pollinated variety producing over a long period. The sprouts are deep green, of good size with an excellent flavour.
Brussel Sprouts Darkmar 21
Brussel Sprouts Darkmar 21. A reliable open pollinated variety producing over a long period. The sprouts are deep green, of good size with an excellent flavour. From a Feb- Apr sowing ready to harvest from Nov-Mar.
Cultivation advice Brussel Sprouts Darkmar 21
Days To Maturity: 120
Days To Germination: 7-14
Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
Spacing, Row: 24-36 inches
Spacing, Plant: 18-24 inches
Spacing, Seed: 2-4 inches
Light: Sunny Location
- For an early crop start seeds indoors in the earliest part of spring. Or direct sow seeds outdoors in late Spring after last frost. Cover seed with 1/8 inch fine soil. For a later fall-winter crop, sow seeds directly outdoors or start indoors by midsummer. Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- When seedlings are 2 inches tall indoors, thin to 2 inches apart or transplant to individual pots.
- Transplant seedlings outdoors after hardening off, when danger of serious frost has passed. Space plants 18 to 24 inches apart in rows 2 to 3 feet apart depending upon available garden space.
- Brussels Sprouts grow best in a sunny location with fairly rich well drained compacted soil.
- Harvest sprouts from bottom of plant up as heads mature.
- Do not grow in same area of garden where members of cabbage family were grown the year before.