Brussel Sprouts – Brodie F1
£1.39 – £10.99
BRUSSEL SPROUTS BRODIE F1
One of the best varieties to sow for a good crop ready over Christmas and one of the choice varieties for supermarkets. Brodie f1 will stand well into Feb with widely spaced easily harvested buttons of excellent mild flavour. In our trials just tops the market favourite ?Trafalgar? for both reliability and flavour. Height 75cm
Cultivation advice BRUSSEL SPROUTS BRODIE F1
- Days To Germination: 7-14
- Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
- Spacing, Row: 24-36 inches
- Spacing, Plant: 18-24 inches
- Spacing, Seed: 2-4 inches
- Light: Sunny Location
- For an early crop start seeds indoors in the earliest part of spring. Or direct sow seeds outdoors in late Spring after last frost (Apr-May). Cover seed with 1/8 inch fine soil. Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- When seedlings are 2 inches tall indoors, thin to 2 inches apart or transplant to individual pots.
- Transplant seedlings outdoors after hardening off, when danger of serious frost has passed. Space plants 18 to 24 inches apart in rows 2 to 3 feet apart depending upon available garden space.
- Brussels Sprouts grow best in a sunny location with fairly rich well drained compacted soil.
- Harvest sprouts from bottom of plant up as heads mature.
- Do not grow in same area of garden where members of cabbage family were grown the year before.