Microgreen / Sprouting Seeds – Broccoli Calabrese
£1.19 – £5.49
Broccoli (Calabrese) sprouts contain very high levels of anti-oxidant properties, making them beneficial to the immune system. . Vitamin rich and slightly spicy to taste, ideal in salads.
Sprouting/MICROGREEN Seeds – Broccoli Calabrese
“Brassica oleracea botrytis cymosa”
Broccoli (Calabrese) sprouts contain very high levels of anti-oxidant properties, making them beneficial to the immune system. . Vitamin rich and slightly spicy to taste, ideal in salads. US studies are examining the properties of broccoli sprouts to aid in the treatment of cancers. Due to the smaller seed size one of the most productive sprouts per gm of seeds.
Cultivation Advice Sprouting/MICROGREEN Seeds – Broccoli Calabrese
- Soak seeds for the 8-12 hours in warm water. Drain off the water, rinse and empty the seeds into your sprouter if you have one or any tray / container.
- Can also be gronn well as a Micro green sown on a growing medium in a tray or pot and treated the same as you would grow and harvest cress.
- Set anywhere – in low light and at room temperature (70° is optimal).
- Rinse and drain every 12 hours for 2-5 days depending on required sprout size.
- When you rinse try not to disturb the seeds/sprouts. They need to stay where they are – to form a mass that is unmovable.
- When ready, transfer your sprout crop to a plastic bag or the sealed container of your choice and refrigerator.
- The sprouts are best fresh, but will store for up to 5 days if dry.