£1.09 – £8.99
It is a slow growing perennial with attractive 30-40cm spikes of rich pink-mauve flowers that are very attractive to bees and insects over long flowering period.
Cultivation Advice Flower Betony
- Can be sown in trays, but the seeds do need a period of cold to break the seeds dormancy.
- Sow Oct through Mar and leave in cool greenhouse or outside.
- Germination is slow between 30-90 days triggered by rising spring temperatures and light levels. Sown after the last frost the seed can be placed in a freezer for 10-14 days to break the seeds dormancy before sowing.
- When large enough to handle transplant to 3 inch post and grow on before planting out to final position
- Can be sown direct to prepared ground or recently scarified meadow areas from autumn to early spring raking in lightly.