Aubergine – Turkish Orange
This stunning heirloom Aubergine originated in Turkey but can now be more commonly found in Italian specialty markets and is a real show stopper.
- Seed Count: 50
747 in stock
Aubergine Turkish Orange
This stunning heirloom Aubergine originated in Turkey but can now be more commonly found in Italian specialty markets and is a real show stopper. The small plants 18-22in, yield abundantly and produce small, round, 2-4 in. bright shiny orange fruits. These have a very sweet, flavourful and perfumed flesh which gives a strong, rich addition to any dish.
Cultivation Advice Aubergine Turkish Orange
- Days To Germination: 10 to 20 days
- Optimum Soil Temp. For Germination: 70 to 80F
- Days To Harvest: 80 days
- Planting Depth: 1/4inch
- Spacing, Plant: 20 to 30 inches
- Light: Sunny Location / under glass
- Sow in 2 seeds per pot in early spring covering lightly with fine soil, and ensure a minimum temp of 70F until germinated.
- When 3 ?4 inches high plant to growing position, (ground / 9in pot or 3 per grow bag), best under glass.
- These will not tolerate cold conditions.
- Provide support and keep pest free.
- To aid fruit development, add potassium rich fertilizer with each watering when fruit has set.
- To encourage further production, pick before the fruit surface shine fades.