Alstroemeria Aurantiaca – Dr Salters Mix
£1.39 – £10.99
A must for every garden border. Despite their delicate appearance these are a tough hardy perennial producing an abundance of intricately patterned long lasting lily like flowers.
ALSTROEMERIA AURANTIACA DR SALTERS Mix
A must for every garden border. Despite their delicate appearance these are a tough hardy perennial producing an abundance of intricately patterned long lasting lily like flowers. Stunning in the border or perfect as a cut flower. Reaching 80-100 cm with strong stems they will flower from late spring into summer.
Cultivation Advice ALSTROEMERIA AURANTIACA DR SALTERS Mix
- The seed can be tricky to germinate as it needs an extended period of warm to cold to warm conditions to break the seed dormancy as winter provides in nature.
- This can be achieved with an autumn sowing under glass with germination as soon as the conditions warm in spring. You can cheat and achieve the same with a tray / pot sealed in a plastic bag alternating between a propagator, fridge then heated propagator again ( 3 weeks at each stage). Warmth at 70-75 F, chilled at 40 F.
- When seedlings are large enough to handle plant to individual pots and grow on. This must be done when young as large seedlings do not like being disturbed.
- For final growing position these are best in full sun and need a well-drained soil if to survive over any wet / cold winter.
- Can be grown in pots brought under cover if soil conditions are not ideal.
- The seedlings flower in their second year and progressively get better year on year.